My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
<
Post time 2021-8-22 12:05:19 | All posts |Dock
Edited by MistyDPH15 at 2021-8-23 13:19

Hello everyone, I am Misty and this is my first story for Fairyabc. I apologize ahead if my grammer isn't good.
                                                                                     Happy reading, faith, trust and Pixie dust.

Once upon a time in a far away place called Mermaid Grotto, there was an intersting Mer filled with happiness and cheer. Her beautiful emerald eyes held a lot of curiousity almost like a cat. She loved exploring the waters, caves, and keeping a couple of trinkets along the way. Her friends didn't fully understand why she loved adventure, but they supported her nonetheless. While others, simply talked down to her and about her, saying her adventurous side was dangerous, pointless, and heartbreaking enough- meaningless.

However, she didn't care and simply kept doing what she loved, she fully believed that anyone can do anything if they really wanted to- and she loved adventure, so she promised herself she would never falter in chasing her passions and finding interest in the most smallest or largest of things she comes across.

One day while sitting on a rock braiding her hair; in the beautiful, calm, blue skies there was a just-as-curious and adventurous girl above watching the mer's glimmering pink and golden tail calmly splashing in the water below. Than all of a sudden there was a sound, that same girl, but this time she was giggling, but as the mer looked around she couldn't see anything, until she looked above her at the sky and saw the most prettiest girl flying- yes flying closer to her.

She had long, dark purple hair tied in a bun with very bright hazel eyes. Wearing a long, feathery, purple outfit and matching shoes with little feathers on them. "Hello" the little flying girl said to the mer below. Surprised the mer stopped and looked back at the little creature "Hello" the mer replied, in a softer, shyer tone.

"I'm Raven, a fairy. I've never seen a creature like you before, your tail is beautiful." Raven said as she flew closer to inspect the beautiful, larger creature with the glimmering tail. "Thank you, I am Penny a mermaid. I've never seen a creature like you before either, where do you come from?" Penny asked politely.

"I am from Pixie Hollow and currently on my way there, what about you?" The fairy stopped flying and gently landed on the mermaid's shoulder, and sat down. Surprised again the mer gasped and replied "I thought Pixie Hollow was a myth." Raven looked back at Penny with the strangest look and replied "Pixie Hollow isn't a myth, I can show it to you".

Penny, having nothing but love for adventure said in the most excited voice "Please, I would love to see it" Raven, giggling a bit replied "Okay, I'll be glad to take you, in fact I have friends who would be most interested in meeting you, to be honest, us fairies thought mermaids and Mermaid Grotto was a myth as well." standing up she straightened out her outfit, fixed her hair, and flicked a speck off her shoes. Gently flew upwards, she looked at Penny below. "I won't fly too fast, so you can keep up with me. Let me know when you are ready to go"

Penny still very excited simply nodded "okay" and stretched out her arms, gently diving off the rock into the water swam in a few circles to exercise her tail, and then picked her head up out of the water and looked up above "I'm ready, Raven" Raven nodding, turned towards the direction of Pixie Hollow and flew there.

On the journey there, the fairy and mermaid got to know each other better. They had so many likes and dislikes in common, and they answered each other's questions about their worlds. In Pixie Hollow there something called "talents" that makes a fairy who they are, Raven is a fast-flying talent, and her mentor is someone named, Vidia.

When arriving at Palm Tree Cove, the mer gazing in awe at all the beauty of the trees, the sand, and the sounds of nature, she laid on her stomach in the sand and propped herself up on her elbows, gently swishing her tail in the water. "This place is beautiful", the fairy said "This is Palm Tree Cove, and this is also just the beginning to your adventure." Penny still amazed said "I can't wait." While they were still speaking; another fairy named Sugarplum arrivied. "Hi Raven, I heard you talking to someone, who is this?" Penny shrinked back a little in shyness replied softly "Hello, I am Penny".

Sugarplum noticing Penny's tail, looked back at Penny's face and giggled softly. "You are so adorable, it's no wonder Raven brought you here for a visit. I am Sugarplum, a Garden fairy, you don't have to be shy, we are very welcoming here- I'm guessing you are from Mermaid Grotto", Raven giving her an odd look asked "How do you know about Mermaid Grotto?" Sugarplum replied "Rave, it's no surprise that mermaids and Mermaid Grotto exist, I have always believed in the mer-people" Sugarplum sat down, crossed her arms, and looked at Raven with a very "duh" look.

The girls burst into a fit of laughter and talked for awhile, but then Sugarplum suddenly said "I will be right back" and flew away to go get more friends, to bring them to meet Penny. When she did, they all welcomed her and enjoyed spending time with her, they even showed her what their different talents do, and how they help people.
  She even got to meet Vidia who was a little rude and skeptical of her at first, but then warmed to her and enjoyed her stories. Queen Clarion also came to the Cove to meet her and promised her- she and other mermaids will always be welcomed here.

Penny, also taught them things that the mermaids can do, and even showed them some mermaid lullabies that help sooth uneasy creatures to sleep with ease, when it was almost sunset. Penny had to go back home, but before she did she said "I'll be back tomorrow and bring friends of mine so we can all get together".
   When she returned there were a few mermaids who hated the idea of meeting fairies, but after learning how kind, open-minded, and joyous they were they did agree, and when tomorrow afternoon came Penny returned with her best friend, Pearl, and others as well.

From that day onwards, the mermaids and fairies have been best friends, Penny, Pearl, Sugarplum, and Raven see the most of each other everyday. The fairies have also been to Mermaid Grotto and have seen the most amazing things they ever did see. The fairies, also made mermaid costumes for their mer-inspired plays at the Fairytale Theater, and have shared the stories the mers have told them, and all of Pixie Hollow loved it.

THE END   

My relations105

Threads

1k+

8k+

Credits

Administrator

♠ Jαѕ ♠

Credits

active userwarmheartedOutstanding staffministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Special contributionGuardians

<
Post time 2021-8-23 14:06:46 | All posts
What a wonderful and wholesome story. I love how the two groups came together despite their differences, all because of one friendship. Really happy to have talented writers on FairyABC! Hope to read more from you in the future, Misty.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
<
 Author| Post time 2021-8-23 14:19:08 | All posts
Edited by MistyDPH15 at 2021-8-23 14:23
Jasper replied at 2021-8-23 14:06
What a wonderful and wholesome story. I love how the two groups came together despite their differen ...

Thank you so much, Jasper. I don't want to unveil to much, but I am currently writing another one  
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-8-25 11:04:50 | All posts
MistyDPH15 replied at 2021-8-23 14:19
Thank you so much, Jasper. I don't want to unveil to much, but I am currently writing another one:: ...

I've perused the tales written thus far and I find them pretty wholesome of plot, but one thing I noticed: the paragraphs remind me of how I used to combine quotations in the same paragraph years ago whenever I would write stories. Why not give each quotation its own paragraph, that way the story will at least be a little easier to read? Other than that, nice start thus far.

Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

Credits
Post time 2021-9-4 16:51:21 | All posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
<font color=&quot;Purple&quot;>[/color ~Autumn~
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-9-4 16:59:41 | All posts
Autumn2021 replied at 2021-9-4 16:51
Some stories could use a bit of grammar work, as CuriousSeed was saying, but the plots are still ver ...
I agree and I even try to follow my own advice for checking grammar when writing tales, though sometimes I make a mistake here and there and some mistakes by the time I find them I can't correct them here; it's a part of the learning process, ergo mistakes are fine as long as we learn from them.

Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-27 13:15 , Processed in 0.199045 second(s), 109 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc