Threads

4k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

minister

Daisy

Post time 2017-4-15 17:15:43 | All posts |Dock
I jump from the threshold and back onto the actual floor of the branch. The queen had sugested a change in clothing, so I take her advice and move towards the chest, hoping to find something that fits my fancy. The first thing on top is a mirror, of which I throw onto the bed. Its only scraps of fabric in here, but I think I can make it into a decent outfit. I take the largest scraps I can find, which are mainly white and blue. After quite a long time of struggling to keep everything in place, I make what seems to be a Frankenstien of dresses. It works, but I'd prefer to have it be replaced with actual clothing. It will work for now until I can find actual clothing.

I pick up the mirror from the bed and look into it. My hair and face seemed to look fine enough to head out and explore. I stand at the door, preping myself for the world around. The sun shines behind me, and shines with such vigour of the dust below. I let out one foot, then I let myself fall. Down, down and down, I fall. I expect the ground to hit hard, like rock, but instead, I land with my feet softly touching the ground. Around me are faries of few talents. Sparrowmen carry baskets of dust to a mill by a river, fairies whiz past with berries and leaves. I look around to find my berring. A door to the tree stood lavishly, gaurded by a lone sparrowman, he seemed to be awake all night. I note two tents of large leaves, and a small sign beside the bigger of the two that said Theatre. The river had boats, tied to a dock, where a pixie sat, brushing her leg against the waters flow.

As I stare around me, I feel someone hit me.

"Ow..." The pixie fell behind me, and I turn to her. I put out a hand, but she doesn't take it. She blushes, gathers her things and jumps up.

"....Sorry!!" She exclaims and runs away to what I guess to be the tea room. I feel a patch on my back that had become colder, and note a stain of berry on it. It was red, contrasting the whole look I was going for. I sigh and attempt to wipe it off, but to no avail. I give up and head to the well-lit room presumably the tearoom. There was no door, nor many people inside. Only tables set for groups of fairies and tray-tables of confectionary and actual tea.

"Hello! You are awake early, aren't you, miss?"

I nod. The whole room had an odd colour to it. Or, not persay odd, but its more unique rather than anything else. The multiple combinations of colour ranging from green and purple to pink and blue gives the room a true feeling of... something, I guess.

"Would you like something specific, miss, or just anything?"

The pixies voice brings me back down to reality. I shake my head.

"...So you'd like, nothing? Is that what I'm getting, miss?"

"First off, my name is Tempus. I would prefer that than you calling me 'miss.' Second, I'm not sure what to get. I'll eat whatever you give me."

"Ah, that makes more sense. Well, I'm Nora. I'll get you my favourite and see how it suits your fancy."

She then flies off to grab a few things and returns with a chocolate tart and orange tea.

"My favourite when we have it. Otherwise, its just the tea."

She smiles and leaves to another room, were I assume they are cooking. I walk to a table and sit down. I pick up the tart and look at it. It seemed rather simple, as it was just flakey crust filled with chocolate and topped with a dollop of whipped cream. I take a bite, and, I do have to say that it tasted good, but its not my favourite taste in the world. I place it down in favour of the cup of orange tea. It had quite a strong aroma, but seemed to be rather sweet. I take a sip, and find that I prefer this taste rather than the chocolate tart. It wasn't as extremely sweet, but still just balanced well enough with a taste of natural-ness. I'm not really to sure how to explain it. Whilst eating my breakfast, I note that Nora came back out and sat with me in the other seat at the table, her plate with a tart of her own, and a few berries. She takes a sip of tea, and speaks.

"So you are the newest arrival, yes?" I nod.

"Oh, so you were the... Anyways! What was your talent? I didn't stay for the whole ceremony."

"...I didn't have a talent."

"Oh. Well, I'm sure you're just not looking in the right place. I could go with you around the Hollow-"

"I'll be fine on my own, thanks. You have your talent to do. It's more important than someone who doesn't have one."

"Hmph... okay. Well then, you don't have a talent, yet. What about your wings?"

"I don't have wings." She looks at me with shock.

"What?! How can you not have wings? Its impossible!"

"Apparently not." I pick myself up out of the chair and walk out of the tearoom. I was stopped shortly after leaving, however.

"Please, let me come with you. I want to help!" I just jeer randomly at her, not even real words, just mumbling. Once I stop, I calm down and speak normally.

"I just want to do this alone. Can't you just let me do that?" She stares quietly, until she nods and hurries back to the tearoom.

I now stand alone in the centre of the square, and even though fairies fly past, entering the tearoom, no one stops to talk to me. I walk to the river, and follow the water, hoping to explore a lot more of the hollow instead of being in one place all day.

Authors Note ~ Hi~! Said I would update soon, but sorry the chapter is so short~! At some point, I'd like to illustrate a few of these scenes, but only when I get my computer fixed so that I can draw again. Okay, thats all for now~! As always, please tell me how I can improve~! :3

Threads

1k+

8k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerSpecial contribution

Lv 1

Post time 2017-4-17 00:51:48 | All posts
This is great! (I fangirled really hard when I saw Nora)

Comments

Well hello, Batman the tiger. (oml, and the tarts and stuff are actually her fav. as well.)  Post time 2017-4-17 00:59
This... Is my Signature
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-5-3 12:38 , Processed in 0.374473 second(s), 44 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc