4k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

minister

Daisy

Post time 2017-4-15 12:36:57 | All posts |Dock
Edited by Kt~Kat at 2017-7-5 14:52

On one cold night, we start our tale. Solo songbirds take flight in wind gale. Across this night, we hear a cheer. So small, quaint, yet full of fear. It is from this laugh we find a child, scared, but not crying. Her laughter fills the lawn outside her window, catching a faint flower and making it glow. This, my friends, is a fairy. She or he may not know it yet, but they will live with friends in the realm called Pixie Hollow. It sounds strange to you, I'm sure, but thats why I am telling this to you. What happens to this fairy, however, never happens to others. The child stops laughing, and instead, silences. Her laughter is replaced with the fighting of her parents, yelling and screaming at each other. The rest of the fairy is instead filled with shouting, and anger. This typically destroys a fairy, but instead, this fairy continued to strive. When the fairy is ready, the wind takes her away. Far, into the sky, and away into Pixie Hollow.

The fairies of the hollow gather to the grand and shining Pixie Dust Tree, as they see the small flower float towards the centre. All sorts of fairies of all talents fly towards the Tree, bringing their talent with them, in hopes of gaining another fairy in their ranks. In the centre, fairies of all sorts seat themselves, surrounded with fairies eager to watch the creation of a new fairy. Eager whisperings come from them all, until one scouting-talent fairy calls out that the small glowing flower is almost close to landing. The noise of all settles down, and only a few fairies trickle into their seats. The mighty Queen Clarion herself readies herself for this new personality, and ensures that Nitor, the resident dust-talent, is ready himself.

Slowly, the flower trails into the centre of the tree and stops. Nitor steps out to reach the little bud, and grabs his cup of dust. He then pours it onto the bud, a little at first, then the whole cup. He steps back to where he once stood. Nothing happened for a few seconds, and a few more... and a few more, until finally, a head pops up from the bud, with legs and arms coming to help the fairy stand. She steps underneath herself and rises. From this point, it is her turn to tell this tale.

The people standing all 'round me only stare in wonder. So, I do the same to them, open mouthed at how different they all seem to be. People in white, blue, red even rainbow. All different.

"What is your name?"

"...Tempus." That was all I knew about myself.

I turn to face my back, where a regal figure stands proudly, she must have been the person to have spoken. I step towards her, but she raises her hand. I can only assume that means for me to stop moving. I do, and mushrooms then circle me. I turn on my heel to see what else is going on. A handful of people come towards the mushrooms and place objects like flowers, bubbles of water, and other things.

After these few people return to where they were, the regal lady clears her throught and comes to speak with me.

"Try holding these, one at a time." She smiles, and takes a step back.

I turn to the closest thing by me. It was a wooden and iron hammer. I grasp it with one hand, but it is far to heavy for me, so I grasp it with two, but I still cannot lift it. With this, a small group of the many leave this area. I pass to the next thing that catches my eye, which is a snowflake, spinning, but not melting. I take it in my hands, and it melts away, leading to another group to leave. I do the same for many other objects, like the flower, water bubble, a muffin and tornado. All of them leave.

Only one mushroom stands, and it is a flame. Burning, hot and bright. I reach for it, but before I can even touch it, the fire extinquishes, leaving the last of all of the groups to vanish.

"Well, dear. I'm sorry. It seems that you don't have any of the talents we have. Perhaps this is a chance for you to fly and find your own talent. One no one has created."

With that, all of the mushrooms fall to the floor. I stare at her in confusion.

"What do you mean, fly?"

"With wings, of course." She steps towards me, and then to my back. I can feel her tug on something inside me, but it doesn't come out. She keeps trying to pull somthing from me, but there is nothing she can pull.

"How about a different approach? Imagine yourself as light as a feather, floating on air."

I do as told, thinking of flying on the wind, and the world takes heed. Its as if I can stand on nothing, as I rise into the sky. I hear the regal woman metion a few words to the only other person, and as soon as she is done, the person flies off.

"Come back down, dear pixie."

I think of the ground, and thats when I stop flying and fall onto my back. I groan, with my back now aching in pain. She reaches a hand towards me to help me stand, and when taking it, I sense a warmth that not much else had.

"Dear Tempus, I feel you shall have an adventure. If you ever need anything, anything at all, please, come speak with me. I shall find a way for you to continue."

"And if you are not here?"

"A queen can never leave her dutys."

"You are a queen?"

"I am Queen Clarion, the protector of all pixies and sparrowmen that live here, in Pixie Hollow. That is all you should need to know about me. What I encourage you to do is find what you can do. Until then, work. Work where ever you think you can help, as, even though it may not be your talent, you can still help."

I nod. I start to take off once more, to explore the Hollow, but she stops me once again.

"Wouldn't it be more benificial to have a home to go to and collect your thoughts?"

"Is there a place already set up for me?"

"There are arrangements, follow me."

She takes off, and I urge the wind to let me fly again so as to follow. With a gust, it takes me up and into the air, and with it I follow her highness to a reaching branch from the centre of the tree.

"This is your home."

The problem is, how the heck do I get inside...? I reach out towards the branch itself, and a door opens.

"You may rest here as long as you wish. Inside is a map and all of the nessecities you would need. Morning is rising soon, so I suggest dressing and finding the tearoom. That is at the base of the Pixie Dust Tree, in other words, where we are now."

She taps my back to move me into the 'home' and then leaves. I look all around, inside and out. In the back, facing a window on the opposite side, there is a workdesk, neatly organised, with materials of all sorts on it and the map her highness spoke of. A bed of leaves sits by a chest, packed with what I assume to be clothes. On the other side of the room, however is a dresser and a bookcase, stuffed with books. So this is home now. I turn to face the door, and look at all of the stars, shining bright in the night sky. I look towards the people, or pixies, I guess is the proper term. I look towards their homes, no lights shine inside of them. The dust beneath me shines as bright as the sun. I step towards the door, and sit down at the threshold. Its all quiet, as only the stars and the dust shine.

Authors Note ~ Hi~! This is my first chapter trying this theme. Please let me know what you think of it, and how to make it better~! I'll be back with more chapters a little later~! :3

Threads

1k+

8k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerSpecial contribution

Lv 1

Post time 2017-4-15 14:35:01 | All posts
What an amazing start! I love the name

Comments

Thanks~! I just like messing around with Latin, and I got the name Tempus, which means Time.  Post time 2017-4-15 14:36
This... Is my Signature
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-5-3 20:02 , Processed in 0.209601 second(s), 41 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc