Credits

Minister

❄ val ❄

Credits

minister

Snowwhite

Post time 2017-7-22 08:05:14 | All posts |Dock
Edited by secretofmywings at 2017-7-23 15:40

hello my fellow musicians, with or without smol hands i joined the group because i study music, so not only will i be immersing myself into more of what i like to do, i get to learn along the way (and maybe even impress my music teacher with this accumulated knowledge hoho)

i am not a piano player, nor a flute player, nor a violin player. nooo. i am a harp player. playing this instrument is very different to playing piano - my friends have often teased me for having short fingers, but aT THE VERY LEAST that does not apply to me much when im playing harp. thankfully the strings on the harp are relatively close together so there's no trouble for anyone in reaching an octave. i play with 8 fingers in total, excluding the pinkies. soooo what are you left with if you've played an instrument using only 4 fingers on each hand for almost an entire decide of your life? you get 8 strong fingers with the exception of two drastically weaker pinkies.

my fingers themselves are not too skinny or not too fat - they're just super firm + short and that usually comes with a total disadvantage when it comes to trying out new instruments. i cant play guitar properly with this setback no matter how hard i try. my fingers just dont suit the instrument very well anymore and pressing down strings is very different to plucking strings. it's also super hard trying to pick piano back up again. :c i can play octaves on piano, but im never really accurate with it.

but in all honesty, i love my instrument very much. i wouldn't trade it out with any other instrument in the world, so if i am going to live with my firm, short fingers, im going to live happily while continuing to do what i love doing, and thats playing music!

Threads

6k+

Credits

Minister

『 Daily Procrastinator 』

Credits

Guardiansminister

Cinderella

Post time 2017-7-23 02:50:21 | All posts
YEEE YOU PLAY THE HARP <3 That's so unique, Val.
Aw, yeah I see what your struggle is. There are pros and cons for everything! Piano, can't do full octaves. Harp, pinkies are essentially useless, making it harder to try other instruments.
I'm glad you shared this!

Comments

thank you so much for relating, gardenia <3 struggles are real but its really rewarding in the end - that is the beauty of music that i have come to love!  Post time 2017-7-23 03:42
⋆°  ❀  
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

Threads

4k+

Credits

Minister

What Keeps Me Going?

Credits

minister

Snowman

Post time 2017-7-23 22:28:00 | All posts
So you play the harp? Classy!

The smol finger struggles must be real ;-;.

Comments

yep :c MY PINKIES ARE BASICALLY USELESS! i cant play any other instrument with them  Post time 2017-7-24 00:44
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-28 08:22 , Processed in 0.123826 second(s), 49 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc