CreditFAQsContact usUpdate logAccount Frozen
Fairyabc discussion Board
 Forgot password?
 Sign me up
Search
Read: 1575|Reply: 15

[other] Joy's Terrible Story

[Copy url]
Reward 4 coins Reply award: 1 coins Reward 1 times a person.
My relations8

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

POTATOESSSSSS

Credits

minister

Post time 2017-3-11 05:50:25 | All posts |Dock
Edited by Joyfulness at 2017-3-12 09:19

Ok this is a story I wrote, I kinda suck at writing but please bear with me...

Ashes of Glitter

She gazed intently at the photo, her hands delicately tracing the contours of the rusty metal frame. Her long wavy hair partly obscured her face. I searched the visible areas of her face for any trace of emotion; there was none. I could detect nothing from her blank, unreadable expression.

Then slowly, deliberately, she lifted the frame above her head, her hands clenched so tightly around the frame that her knuckles had turned white. Her hands were shaking; her face had finally found some emotion. I fell onto my knees. No. I stared at her rigid frame, begging her, silently pleading with her to look at me, listen to me. Then she did. Her eyes softened slightly as she took in my imploring eyes, my helpless stance.

Then she looked away. A hard sheen covered her piercing blue eyes as she looked back toward me. Her eyes were dead, like her soul inside. A cruel smirk lifted the corners of her mouth. Then her hands tightened again. No. I looked away as the deafening crash of the metal hitting the wall sounded in my eardrums. The glass tinkled innocently as it fell to the floor. The duet of the glass and metal resounded in my ears. No. Sobbing, my spirit finally shattered, just like the picture.
“Get out!” I screamed at her, “Get out!”

I fell weeping into the comfortingly warm arms of the armchair. His armchair. I leaned into it, breathing in his scent, still clinging around the chair. I stayed there, curled up in a miserable heap, sobbing my heart out as tears streamed down my face, leaving glistening trails in their wake. I allowed the shutters of my eyes to close, blocking out the horrors of the world I was part of. I wanted the peaceful blackness to come, to overwhelm my mental consciousness, to sweep me far away in a torrential current, to bring its floodwaters to the shore of my mind, before the tsunami of despair looming on the horizon brought its destruction along. So I waited.

He lay there, deathly pale, face so bleached of colour that he resembled a ghost. I approached him slowly, tryingmy best to ignore the loud creak that sounded as my feet touched the wooden floorboards of the hospital room. Still, my efforts were in vain, judging by the way his eyelids fluttered open to reveal his empty eyes. He stared at me blankly for a moment, confusion lining his features, before recognition cleared his eyes.

“Sophie, come here.” He coughed hoarsely, as if those three words had cost yet even more of his life force. I obeyed, my footsteps weighing heavily on the floor. As I pulled up by his side, I found myself unable to summon up the strength to state the arguments that I had rehearsed yesterday. Instead, I found myself mumbling the reasons that I had so carefully thought out, to convince him to stay. A faint smile tinged his lips, though a great sadness lined his eyes.
Unable to say any more, I whispered a faint plea.
“Please.” He sighed softly.
“I will have to say goodbye to you and your sister soon. I’m so sorry, Sophie, so sorry. Please, I hope you can forgive me.” I simply nodded, tears now clouding my eyes. “Look after your sister, look after Lettie, Sophie. She needs you to help her. Losing first your mother, then me, will hurt her more than you can imagine.” Mother. I barely remembered her, only known that she had been beautiful, and had loved me. I nodded again, tears now silently streaming down my cheeks. I reached for his wrinkled, pale hand.

“Goodbye, Father.” He nodded approvingly. A sob welled up in me, then I couldn’t stand it anymore. Loud sobs wracked out of my body as I broke down, the despair in my heart too hard to resist. I dropped his hand, before running out of the room, away, away from him. I saw my sister give me a brief, questioning glance, before I turned another corner. Tears continued their paths down my cheeks as I turned from one silent passage into another. I kept running.

Somebody coughed delicately, arousing me from my pitiful state. I blinked open my eyes before looking up, my face still blotchy from my most recent bout of crying. I looked at her, my eyes showing the despair she had inflicted in my spirit, my soul. I was surprised to find that she had finally dressed herself in black clothes, not so unlike my own. Black, like the mourning spirit of this house. A dark hood obscured her face.

She picked up the large black vase on the table and made to carry it, almost carelessly, under her arm as she walked, that insufferable swagger in her step, towards the front door. Yet, we both knew that what the vase contained was priceless, too important to lose or damage.
Why? I mentally asked myself. I sifted through all the possibilities in my brain, desperately trying to find the answer. Then I knew, realised what she intended to do. I stared at her again, my wide eyes and open mouth betraying only some of my shock.
“You coming, sister?” Her eyes were mocking, teasing, her tone insolent. I glared at her. “Well?” I nodded, unable to work my mouth to speak. My throat felt unbearably hoarse and dry. I got up from my position on the chair. We headed out the door slowly, Lettie swaggering, heading up the steep cliff path, each of us stuck in the furious tempests of our minds.

We stood at the crumbling edges ofthe cliff, on the edge of falling into the raging, wild ocean below, the ocean that could not be tamed. We stood there for a second more, taking in the sight before us. The vase tipped, pouring the ashes into the vast, never-ending sea, and so we threw the last handful of glitter into the ocean. Goodbye, Father.
I really need help on this, plez give up any advice, I need it. Any help is appreciated XD

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My relations11

Threads

2k+

18k+

Credits

Minister

~ Cat ღ

Credits

ministerSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2017-3-11 07:55:00 | All posts

Reply reward +1 coins

It's not terrible ^-^ <3Thank you for sharing <3
Try to be more confident in yourself because this was very well done <3

Comments

Awww thanks guys. You just boosted my confidence XD  Post time 2017-3-11 19:15
Confidence is key! If not just pretend to be confident lol  Post time 2017-3-11 13:50
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

I've been falling...FOR 30 MIN

Credits
<
Post time 2017-3-11 09:00:28 | All posts

Reply reward +1 coins

Okay i didn't read it but from the tiny bit that I started to read ( because I have something to do so I'll be back in a few minutes to read it fully) it's great, just one tip: When you write direct speech aka who said something write it with ' .... ' - like that and in new rows also between try to capture their facial expressions, feelings sighing coughing whatever the situation calls for. That way the story would look so much better and try to make it look better layout-wise like to differ the beginning from the main part and then the ending. It's the basics but you're doing great so far keep it up!

Comments

Thanks for the advice XD  Post time 2017-3-11 19:14
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations30

Threads

1k+

9k+

Credits

Minister

✩ Ey it's Lavy ✩

Credits

ministerSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2017-3-11 11:49:53 | All posts

Reply reward +1 coins

This is well written! Exquisite vocabulary

Comments

Thank you XD  Post time 2017-3-11 19:16
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

4k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2017-3-11 12:12:20 | All posts

Reply reward +1 coins

Oh wow, this is wonderful! I think that my only suggestion would be to break it apart into separate 'paragraphs', even though that would be difficult to do on the forum. Anyways, this is great! Thanks for sharing it with us! :3

Comments

Will do XD  Post time 2017-3-11 19:16
Splitting a story into chunks makes it easier to read for me too  Post time 2017-3-11 13:49
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations105

Threads

1k+

8k+

Credits

Administrator

♠ Jαѕ ♠

Credits

active userwarmheartedOutstanding staffministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Special contributionGuardians

<
Post time 2017-3-11 13:03:11 | All posts

Reply reward +1 coins

Very nice!

Comments

Thank you XD  Post time 2017-3-11 19:19

Use magic Report

My relations23

Threads

6k+

Credits

Minister

~Pearly~ <3

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2017-3-11 13:43:05 | All posts

Reply reward +1 coins

Woah this is super emotional!! Thanks for sharing!

Comments

Thanks for reading XD  Post time 2017-3-11 19:20
IKR!!  Post time 2017-3-11 13:48
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-20 02:59 , Processed in 0.251070 second(s), 136 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc