Nightkore Post time 2017-6-12 13:48:43

HOW TO: Make a 3D Edit!

Edited by Nightkore at 2017-6-12 11:58

The following are steps on how to create a 3D Edit!

This way, you can personalize and edit images of your fairy to look 3D! ^-^My recommended website for this is: https://pixlr.com/editor/

Step 1: Find a 3D template of a fairy that you would like to use and save it to your computer
         This can be done easily by:

[*] going on google images and finding still shots of the famous fairies in movies by typing the title name of the movie
[*]or follow this link: http://imgur.com/a/Whidc for some already transparent 3D fairy templates

Step 2: Open the image of your fairy that you would like to use as well as the 3D fairy template on Pixlr
             To open the first image click on "open image from computer" and to open the second image, click on "open image..." under the "file" tab               at the top.

Step 3: Begin to cut out the hair from the image of your fairy using the lasso tool

Select the tool above, then proceed to outline your fairy's hair with the tool and when you are done, select the mouse tool above it to drag it on to the 3D fairy template.

Step 4: In this step, you need to ensure that your fairy's hair fits onto the 3D fairy template
             You can do this by using the "free transform" option under the "edit" tab at the top, as well the "duplicate layer" option under the "layer"                tab. Also, dont forget you can place layers above and below eachother on the layer section at the right.

Step 5: Repeat steps 3-4 with the rest of your fairy's outfit
            Ensure that you do them separately, that is top separate from bottom, when cutting them out

Step 6: Begin to erase the background on the 3D fairy template when you are done

Do this by double clicking the "lock" symbol on the layer section, then begin erasing the background with the eraser tool   

Step 7: Save your image
            Click "save..." under the "file" tab at the top and then select "PNG (Transparent, full quality" under the "format" tab

Step 8: Open your saved 3D edit image as well as the background you would like to use and a "new image"
            First, select "new image" under the "file" tab, tick the "transparent" box then click "ok"
            After, open your saved 3D edit image and the background you would like to use
            Then, cut the background (using the tool below) and drag it onto the new transparent image using the mouse tool

Use the "free transform" option to fit it onto the new transparent image, and so the same with the 3D fairy

Step 9: Further personalize using text and give your fairy an outer glow!
            You can add text by clicking on the "T" symbol in the toolbox
            You can add an outer glow to your fairy by clicking the symbol below on the layer section, and then clicking on the outer glow tab

Step 10: Save your image!

Finally you're done! I truly hope this helps, and note that this is not the only method of making a 3D edit so dont be afraid to experiment and try different ways :)
It is a long process, however it isquite fun and your edits will get better with practice C:
If you have ANY questions reply below and I will try my best to help~
For now, try it out and have fun! ^-^ Good luck

Lavender-Marie Post time 2017-6-12 14:05:46

I greatly appreciate all the hard work you must've put into this! I'm sure this will help many up and coming 3D editors :)

anastasia-lock Post time 2017-6-12 15:11:00

aw thank you for that shelly! <3
i am sure that whoever wanted to make a 3d edit can probably make it now with ur hard work put into this!
<3

Memm Post time 2017-6-12 15:55:50

Thank you so much fiona! I rlly appreciate what you shared to us! <333 Really thank you so much! ::heart::

anastasia-lock Post time 2017-6-12 16:08:12

thanks so much for sharing tho shelly <3
im sure your hard work will pay off and help a lot of other pixies in making a 3d edit
but sadly!
i couldn't do it

GwynPixieHollow Post time 2017-6-12 16:33:16

Thank you so much for doing this! This must have taken so much work!

Memm Post time 2017-6-12 16:37:24

Meeso replied at 2017-6-12 22:55
Thank you so much fiona! I rlly appreciate what you shared to us!

thank you so much! it rlly did! <3

anastasia-lock Post time 2017-6-12 16:46:26

anastasia-lock replied at 2017-6-12 14:08
thanks so much for sharing tho shelly

aw thank you for your concern!
and i'll try to see what the problem is
thank you for the help tho shells <3
c:

catcatherine Post time 2017-6-12 16:55:20

RIP ); I can't even read this because I already know that I can't art xP

MoonFields Post time 2017-6-12 22:52:43

Useful guide! It's a great starter for beginning 3D Editors. Good job with this~
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: HOW TO: Make a 3D Edit!